8.26.2009

no more amnesia...

Here is a mantra for the day... maybe i should phrase it as a question... Why is it that we never have enough? Work our asses off on a daily basis to achieve / get something that we think we deserve. the 9 to 5 drains us so bad that we are left with only a few precious hours before we pass out. we usually fill those hours with sitting on the couch b/c that is all we have energy for. in the end, is it all for the promotion, the raise, the success? Myself, I would rather be roaming a forest, wandering through and old city or puttering on some artwork. I don't mean it to sound like i am a slacker, but rather have new priorities that are much clearer these days. i know what makes me happy.

Tzatziki by FOS (Thomas Poulsen), 2005, at Andersen’s Contemporary


1 comment:

Earl Grey said...

Yes - well that is of course if you consider walking through a forest slackin' - which I of course do not.
Maybe its better to look at it as: "I go to work, from 7-3 every day (its still 9 hours, be quiet), I get told when to wake up, when to go to sleep, what to wear and how, when I can eat and of course piss or shit. This is my 'life.' But that is just for now my lovelies - because while you think about how much you'll be getting paid at your job in ten years, I lean my head back and my nostrils instinctively flare to take in the mountain-air now breezing in my mind. I smell the grass, and soil, and strata of rotting leaves beneath my now bare-feet. I even smell the manure, and sweat, and have to close my eyes - tight now - to keep the loud white sunlight out but on my face. Alarm rings - rise, wash, dress, eat, drink, arrive, punch in and work. Repeat. And all the while I am lost, biding my time, reminding myself that this is for now and only so that I can later be there - in that place... on that land... with the sun on my face, and the air in my nose, and the dead leaves below. This is why..."